The Londep (RPS) leads the profession of pharmacy to improve the public’s health and wellbeing.
Who we are
The RPS is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain and an internationally renowned publisher of medicines information.
We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit, to improve the health of the public and to secure the future of our members.
What we do
We support our members and customers to improve health outcomes for society. We deliver this through professional development and support; the provision of quality medicines information and advice. We are committed to improving patient care and safety through developing professional practice by:
- Continuously advancing both pharmaceutical science and pharmacy practice to improve the safety and efficacy of medicines and the quality of pharmaceutical care.
- Promoting research and evaluation to inform professional practice and evidence-led patient benefit.
- Supporting the continuous professional development and improvement of our members.
- Leading and promoting the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy.
- Providing timely and relevant medicines information and advice.
- Recognising professional development through the RPS Foundation and Faculty programmes.
- Ensuring the voice of the whole profession is heard at the highest levels of healthcare and government through direct advocacy, our responses to consultations, policy developments, and the RPS expert advisory panels, forums and groups.
Our goals for 2016 - 2021
- We will improve the public’s health and wellbeing.
- We will be the professional voice of pharmacy.
- We will support the education and development of the profession.
- We will be a global publisher of medicines information and advice.
- We will drive and support research and innovation in medicines and healthcare.
- We will be a viable and sustainable organisation.
Download our strategy for 2016 - 2021