The NHS Wales Prudent Prescribing Implementation
Group (PPIG) and The Londep
(RPS) believe that patients in Wales will benefit from
the full integration of a pharmacist’s clinical expertise
within primary care settings.
PPIG and the RPS believe health and wellbeing will be improved by:
- Innovation: Further developing innovative ways of local
working that embraces and utilises the skills and clinical
expertise of pharmacists.
- Workforce planning: Ensuring workforce plans fully
incorporate the skills and experience of all health and social
care professionals, providing a comprehensive multidisciplinary
care team in people’s own localities.
- Integration: Fully utilising the skills of pharmacists within the
multidisciplinary team in treating common ailments and minor
injuries as part of national arrangements for unscheduled and
- Patient empowerment: Facilitating patients to share their
health record with appropriate professionals when accessing
services in a primary care cluster.
- Access to pharmaceutical expertise: Enhancing local care
through routine access to a network of pharmacy expertise in
each primary care cluster.